I have been seeing many posts on Facebook lately asking me what I am grateful for today.
So I decided it’s time to think about it and appreciate all the wonderful people and things in my world. Bearing in mind we are on school holidays, this may be slightly tainted by the fact 2 children are at home eating their way through the days, and my eldest son ( the one who moved out) has also come to stay during his University holidays, taking over my beloved study.
Today I am grateful for:
- Waking up. That’s always got to be a good start to any day. I would have been miffed if I hadn’t.
- Being on holidays. NO 5:30am alarm and rush to be out of the house by 6:50am, do the OSCH drop off, then drive 1.5 hours to work. Work with teenagers all day, then drive 1.5 hours home. Sigh…bliss.
- A job that allows me to have school holidays off, and be paid for it.
- Coffee. Gallons of it. It’s like liquid sanity. It also eventually makes it safe for my children to approach.
- My Pug. Because even though I have been cranky all day, she still looks at me with those big eyes and squishy face with so much adoration. Or maybe she’s just pleading for more food.
- My family. The majority of them. Everyone has a member they’d rather not own up to. Mine is no different.
- Slippers. They are like coffee for my feet. Sigh…
- Makeup. Nobody wants to have to face me without it. That would be like bumping into a Klingon. ( I am proud I even know what one is!)
- Rain. Oh how I love rain when I am snuggled inside. Winter is my special time. Just don’t ask me to go outside and mess up my new hair do.
- My study. It’s my happy place. Except when a smelly 19 year old son is inhabiting it. Then it turns into a temporary pig sty and must go through a decontamination process before I can venture in again.
- A man who loves me for who I am and makes me smile every day. Even when I don’t want to.
- A cat that purrs so loudly it actually makes me feel happy. Until she attacks my couch with her claws, then I am very unhappy.
- Books. No more do I need to say.
- No bills in my letter box. If I was doing this in ranking order, this would be at number 1.
- Hot water to fill the bath I am about go and soak in. With candles and wine.
- Sparkly shoes. Because you should be grateful for those EVERY day.
- Nurofen. Just waiting for it to kick away the headache that’s been nagging me all day.
- Not killing my children who have argued with each other and myself, and whined about how hungry and bored they are.
- McDonald’s, and the fact it’s my son’s 12th Birthday…this meant he got to choose what he wanted for dinner. A win for me!
- My children. They drive me crazy, and cause me more stress than they realise, but I love them completely.
That’s more of a list than I thought I’d come up with. I am impressed considering the garbage day I had.
It’s all about perspective and how you face life isn’t it?
“Gratitude turns what we have into enough.” Melody Beattie.
What are YOU grateful for today my friends?